Yesterday we got the phone call I was dreading all along of our dear friend Chloe that has been battling cancer for a long time. She passed away 2 days ago and had been in a coma for 2 days. I met Chloe through my daughters school when she was teaching and helping her with some of her subjects and from the first minute I met this lady I loved her. What a dear heart she had and so loving to our daughter who took to her immediately too. She used to say to us "if Cassie ever ends up not at home just look for her at my house." I felt so good to know that our daughter was in good hands with a lady that cared for her so much and not just was a teacher to her, she actually took her feelings to heart and believed in her ability to do well in school. Over the years she worked with our daughter I grew to love her personality more and more and just the way she'd make you feel when you walked in the room with a smile on her face. She had been battling cancer for what seemed like forever but did it with positivity and faith. That is what I call a true fighter! I love the fact that she loved our daughter so much and looked forward to the days she got to work with her in school. I am going to miss this lady so much and have done my share of crying the past couple of days-I am glad I got to know her and even see where she lived, we went there one day when she was inbetween treatments and visited her and got some school work for Cassie to do over the Summer. She took us to lunch-said she wanted to do this and treat us that day:-) We took some photos outside in her BEAUTIFUL yard and near her flower garden and I will always remember this day. I will miss her always and love her too-Goodbye my dear friend and rest in peace and comfort-you are no longer in pain and we will think of you each day that passes by.
a stay at home Mom with a love for life and so many things that inspire me-my family, nature, celebrations, quotes and poems and creativity. These are just a FEW of my inpirations in life.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Saying goodbye to a dear friend
Yesterday we got the phone call I was dreading all along of our dear friend Chloe that has been battling cancer for a long time. She passed away 2 days ago and had been in a coma for 2 days. I met Chloe through my daughters school when she was teaching and helping her with some of her subjects and from the first minute I met this lady I loved her. What a dear heart she had and so loving to our daughter who took to her immediately too. She used to say to us "if Cassie ever ends up not at home just look for her at my house." I felt so good to know that our daughter was in good hands with a lady that cared for her so much and not just was a teacher to her, she actually took her feelings to heart and believed in her ability to do well in school. Over the years she worked with our daughter I grew to love her personality more and more and just the way she'd make you feel when you walked in the room with a smile on her face. She had been battling cancer for what seemed like forever but did it with positivity and faith. That is what I call a true fighter! I love the fact that she loved our daughter so much and looked forward to the days she got to work with her in school. I am going to miss this lady so much and have done my share of crying the past couple of days-I am glad I got to know her and even see where she lived, we went there one day when she was inbetween treatments and visited her and got some school work for Cassie to do over the Summer. She took us to lunch-said she wanted to do this and treat us that day:-) We took some photos outside in her BEAUTIFUL yard and near her flower garden and I will always remember this day. I will miss her always and love her too-Goodbye my dear friend and rest in peace and comfort-you are no longer in pain and we will think of you each day that passes by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman
Post a Comment