Monday, September 22, 2008

Apple Cider Recipe

8 cups apple cider
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
6 inches of stick cinnamon
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 orange, sliced into thin wedges
8 whole cloves
  1. In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider and brown sugar. Add the spices and orange wedges, studded with the 8 whole cloves. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer for a minimum of half 30 minutes. Strain solids and return to the pot. Serve hot.

Makes 8 cups.


This is a recipe I want to try out-I love the tastes, smells and feel of Fall and I can't wait to try this homemade recipe of Apple Cider..mmmmm I can just taste it now.

Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

Lily said...

this just screams fall...thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

That sounds sooo good! I love cider!

Sissy said...

I love apple cider!!! I am so pumped that it is fall! Thanks for sharing this. I am so glad I posted that or I would have never seen this!

I'm gonna try it, and would you mind if I posted it on my blog?

Shannon
from sb.com

Anonymous said...

OOOh, can you imagine how good your house would smell with that simmering on the stove? YUMMO! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe. If it ever gets out of the eighties here we might have to try it. :)