Friday, September 5, 2008

Catching up-where have the days gone??

Wow!! It seems like life has been going 100 MPH lately with end of Summer fun stuff trying to cram in before school started and we had our fair that we were at for 4 days, the kids did really well with their animals-some blue and some red ribbons but overall we had another great year there. Last weekend was the end of Summer rodeo and dance on Sunday night and this year I think was the first year I have ever been to the rodeo in the rain and mud-we stood outside all day while it rained(the grandstand was all full) and needless to say we got soaked. By the time I got home I was ready for a LONG hot bubble bath. The cowboys that day were just caked with mud from head to toe. Mondays rodeo was worse than Sunday..we actually woke up to snow?? I was cold before I even got out of bed. If I didn't have to work in the concession stand I don't think I would of even went.We also had a bad thunder storm and lots of lightning that weekend and lost our phone, sattelite and dishwasher in one night. It sounded like someone had broke one of our windows. Today we finally got our satelite working again-the guys were out here for 2 hrs. fixing it. Lightning can do some damage in a hurry-Yikes! I am glad we weren't outside when it struck our house.

No comments: