Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer of Weddings



Last night my friend needed help with her daughters rehearsal dinner, she needed servers for the Prime rib dinner that she had made for her daughter and fiance. We got to the restaurant and we were locked out so her husband went and got the key and then it was a mad rush for us to get the place all set up and tables decorated..it turned out beautiful! Pink tables with rose petals and floating candles in the center of the table in a big beautiful glass vase. We did it in great time and got the last one done as the bride and her fiance and their wedding party came through the door. Me and my girls and another gal that we knew started serving up the plates for everyone..Prime rib, fresh asparagus, garlic potatoes and some rice too and rolls then for (what my girls called) a decoration some fresh parsley on the side of the plate. I stayed in the kitchen and the girls took the plates out as we dished them up-they did a great job. The to be bride just loved it all and even gave the girls a little thank you gift. We have known them for almost 11 yrs. and it amazes me where the time goes..it is hard to believe that tomorrow night she will be a new bride. Our niece is also getting married tomorrow at the same time in a different place and since our oldest daughter went to school with my friends daughter she was really wanting to attend her wedding-I don't think this would go over too well with my husbands side of the family. I am looking forward to Christy's wedding tomorrow-she is a special girl and I used to babysit her when she was a little girl-again, where did the time go? I love weddings so much and especially when it is family..there is something in that which makes me get all teary eyed. Besides these two weddings this Summer we attended one other and will also be going to my step brothers in August and have been asked to be the photographer. I hope my camera holds up and gets faster...lol it has such a slow shutter speed it seems like lately and this could be really annoying, I can just see me saying oh just a minute hold that smile or that pose or don't drop her I am waiting for my camera. I really hope not!
I will have photos to post later of the wedding but that is my blog for today-Weddings of friends and family.

2 comments:

Angela J. Prieto said...

I love reading your blog Rene', you write very well my friend!

And you have be tagged so go check out my blog!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful blog!!!!
sucess
quiane