Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer Challenge #14- from SB.com (a few things about me)

1. What are your other favourite things to do (other than blog or scrap)? I love, love photography and it shows..you should see all the photos on my computer that I say someday I am going to scrapbook-Right, I don't think I can scrapbook that many photos-um, i probably have about 2,000 atleast. I love to travel with my family and our vacations are something I look forward to every Summer even if it is just for 3 days away from home. If I had enough money and time I could just get in my car and drive and go wherever I ended up. I love to see different places and the way of life there but family time is the best. I love to read a good book -one that keeps me interested from the beginning to end. It is hard to keep up with it if it drags on or is just "so so". I love to watch our kids play sports, horseback ride and have fun. I love just hanging out with our kids and listening to them talk and grow physically and mentally. I must admit though, that I really do miss those "little kid" stages sometimes, they used to say the cutest things that just touched my heart. I love rubber stamping and making cards for people. I have been stamping since 1991 and when I saw it demonstrated at a craft fair I knew right away it'd be something I'd love since I have always had an "artsy" side to me. I really need to do it more often though. I have many new sets that are calling my name to be used on some cards:-)
2. Where or who do you gain inspiration from? I gain my inspiration in nature-sunsets, places I see in magazines, tv, music-this is a big one for me cause I love music so much and usually listen to it every day. That should of been in my first list above. I gain inspiration also from people-just kind words, smiles, even the unhappy times-all of life is a lesson and something to be praised. Makes me want to love those around me even more.
3. What do you like to do to relax? one word: Bubble baths-they are so relaxing to me..they help me unwind from a crazy, hectic day and the more bubbles the better. Scented candles are a great addition too. Take a bath at night and just have the glow from the candles and it is so nice.
4. What is your favourite kind of music? I love all kinds of music but my most fav. would have to be Country since it is the one I listen to the most and sing along with:-) some of my fav. singers are Tim McGraw, Sawyer Brown, Faith Hill, Sugarland and Toby Keith.
5. Do you have a scrap or creativity space - can you show us a picture? (This could also be a pic of a place you like to spend time in or at) I have an awesome scrapbook room-I just need some more shelves for all the stuff I have. When it is better organized I will have photos:-)
6. What's your favourite food? I love Shrimp Scampi and love to eat it any new restaurant I try. It is one of my fav. dishes to make at home-Yum!!
7. Are you afraid of anything? Oh yeah, don't get me started on this one..there are a few things. I really don't like snakes at all and I guess I am not really afraid of them but I am-does that make sense:-) I don't like heights but am not really afraid to fly on a plane. It is more like a close to the edge or on the ledge kind of thing looking over-don't like that at all.
8. Do you have a favourite tv show? Army Wives is a great show and love watching that. It makes me feel so patriotic-even more than I am already and it has a great story line.
9. Do you collect anything? I feel like I collect scented candles sometimes because I have so many and still find more that I like when I am shopping:-) Yankees are my fav. they have so many great scents.
10. If you were sent to a deser island, and you could take 3 things, what would they be? (it could be anything!!)My Bible, my family, a journal


No comments: