Monday, March 28, 2011

Life's simple things

Today is my Birthday and I have been doing a lot of reflecting lately on things in life-I seem to do that often:) I am a day dreamer and very nostalgic and at times I can get totally lost in the past. Sometimes thinking of the past makes me laugh and sometimes it makes me cry...I feel that I had a very memorable childhood and teenage years-some great times and some not so Great times too but they have made me the person I am today and in one word I would define that as BLESSED!
I am a Mom, wife, sister, aunt, friend, cousin and most of all just Me. They all define me but when it comes down to it I have to be me first and foremost before I can possibly any of the others to anyone. There is a quote that I have loved through many years just for the fact that it says so much in a few words-it has to do with Life and Art-two of the most precious things there are. Life is defined of many things and so is art-they actually go hand in hand and...They Make Me the Person I am Today! The quote is this: "Live one day at a time and make it a Masterpiece". Live every day to your fullest and find the joy in the simple things! These are some of the things I have learned in life that have touched me or made me the person I am today and I can honestly say that there haven't been times they made me cry or laugh or just really ponder what I was seeing or feeling inside. Have I ever said how sentimental I am? :) yep, about maybe too many things in life but it is precious you know?
  1. Stay up all night and watch the sun come up-over the ocean is amazing!
  2. Chocolate is good at any time of the day
  3. Beauty really is deep inside a person-it's the outside that people judge
  4. Long lost loves are not always lost
  5. childrens laughter really Does make you feel good
  6. running on the beach with your kids is amazingly fun
  7. you're never too old to be Daddy's girl
  8. You can count your true friends on one hand
  9. sunsets are not all the same-bright orange, purple, pinks are all beautiful
  10. a long drive with music can calm the soul
  11. being alone is ok once in awhile but togetherness makes your heart full
  12. rain and thunder go hand in hand-listen to the sound of them both
  13. girl days with the girlfriends is therapeutic
  14. crying is not always a BAD thing-it cleanses you
  15. there are not many flowers that aren't beautiful-my favorite..the rose, even the thorns play their part.
  16. getting a letter in the mail from a good friend brightens your day.
  17. color is such a fun thing to work with:)
  18. sun tea is so good with ice and lemon
  19. my heart breaks easily but can be mended just as easy
  20. paper, ink, stickers and pictures can tell a great story
  21. True friends will be there for you NO MATTER what time of day it is.
  22. whether you say you can or you can't-You are right!
  23. playing in the leaves is FUN:)
  24. snow is beautiful but Winter can be very depressing-sun is so welcoming
  25. The days of our youth are so carefree
  26. seeing new places when traveling makes you wiser
  27. the kinds of ice cream you ate when you were a kid were so good
  28. wear makeup even when you aren't going some place:)
  29. reading a good book can "take you away" for a little while
  30. breathing in the fresh mountain air can really rejuvenate you
  31. lap dogs are so loveable:)
  32. bubble baths are a little piece of heaven :)
  33. I am always..A work in progress

4 comments:

Shan @ Design Gal said...

I just found your blog through the penpal project! I loved your list & found myself thinking, "That's so true" as I read through many of them.

I'll be sending a letter soon but i wanted to say hi!
~Shan

Kim said...

Love your list! So true!

Sherry C said...

Lovely post!

cristmae said...

I found your site very convenient. I love your list. I found some suggestions with regards to photo attaching and printing , which EPSON Products is very reliable enough because of its excellent output.Thank you.