Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Exploring Old Houses & Treasures

I don't know why but I have always loved old abandoned houses and buildings ever since I was a kid. I think it is the idea of who lived there before and what their lives were like, what they did for a living, how many kids they had (if they had any) if they had any pets and stuff like that.
I am a really nostalgic person and love History.
Today on the way home from town with the kids we finally stopped at the geo cache spot that Cassie had been telling me about and I had told her the next time we went by we'd stop-today was that day and I am so glad we stopped. I felt like it was a real treat, a two for one on the same day-I got to see the "old" abandoned house finally and she got to show me the fun treats you can find while using a gps-we don't have one but this is a fun thing they get to do at school that she has really has had a lot of fun with and had been to this spot with her teacher and classmates. They even got to go in the old house so she told me all about it before we even got in the door. I felt like I was in an old movie or something, it is the big kind of house that had lots of rooms in it and everything was pretty much destroyed-the walls had sheet rock that was coming apart and the carpet was different colors in every room(lots of colors) I was walking through the house just imagining the people that once were there and what kind of things they went through and why they left. It is in a beautiful area too, near the lake and the grass had grown really tall, you could tell nobody had been there for a long time. There were lots of trees all around the house and a barn, a bunk house, and old car that had been broke down for quite some time.
I had a great day with the kids on our exploration and can't wait to take my husband there just to see it. I know he probably won't appreciate it in the same sense I do but that is just something about me, I LOVE old warn buildings-it's the past that tells the stories of today.

I wish I would of had my camera with me but I am taking it for sure next time:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love old houses and buildings too.
I take my camera with me wherever I go, you never know what you'll find!

Ashley said...

Very cool post! Old houses are wicked interesting and so cool to look at sometimes!

Talin HG said...

Very cool...don't forget the camera next time because pics would be the best ;)