Our Blog challenge today is about Birthdays and how you celebrate them or what you do for yours and others...Well I didn't celebrate my B-day as in a party sense when I was an adult until only about 4 or 5 yrs. ago when My Dad married my step mom and her and her family were really into celebrating each others B-days with dinner or atleast a get together and even gifts:-) so I remember her telling me that B-days are our own special day to celebrate us and the day we were born. Some people don't believe in this and others do and the way I look at it is that I am glad I am here and Life is special and the day you were born is a good day meant to be celebrated-not in a boastful way but in a good way, it makes you feel good and for me it is just another reason to get together with family and that is what is important to me -spending time with family even if there wasn't any gifts and only food:-) I love food! But I have gotten some pretty awesome gifts on my Birthday too; Plants, jewelry, scrapbooking supplies, music,chocolate, clothes, $$ and etc. This year my Mom got me something I had never seen before and when I saw the box I couldn't even imagine what it was and then when I got home I opened it and WOW...It is a wall hanging that you plug in and it has a picture of a waterfall on it and even makes the sounds of a waterfall with motion. It is the coolest thing ever, I think this year it was my most favorite gift cause it is so unique and something I had never seen before.
Birthdays are Great!! Thanks Mom:-)
3 comments:
Birthday ... usually for my parents birthday, we would bring them out for dinner together with the whole family in a restaurant and then we would have our cake cutting celebration in the restaurant too.
Between friends, we would celebrate the person's birthday in a restaurant too. We would then proceed to one of our friends' house where we would continue chatting over glasses of wine. As we were not keen with cake, usually I would get a small size cake, good enough for one, for the birthday boy or girl.
Simple but we all had fun. Glad to hear that you are enjoying birthday! : )
Glad you had fun!
Sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment