Today we woke up to find once again that all but one of the pigs got out of their pen-of course she is the biggest and looking like the fattest one and that obviously is why she didn't fit under the fence. They did the same thing yesterday morning and we put the old water trough that they don't use anymore near the fence to cover up the hole they made-we didn't even think they'd get out today too but that is what Shawn discovered when he woke up and saw them roaming out in the field. He told me that his sisters were going to get some excercise today and I told him he needed to go and help..I kind of got a kick out of him thinking HE was not going to do a thing but watch them run their little hineys off catching all six of those pigs.
This is a common thing with our 4-H pigs, each year we have had pigs they decide that for some reason the grass is greener on the other side (or else they just love to watch us chase them around) I must say that pigs are pretty smart though and boy do they have a personality, I have learned this over the years. Lets hope that tomorrow isn't another repeat from today. I am hoping that the fence is secure enough now for them not to do any more digging but as for now they are all in and happy for the time being-we will see.
5 comments:
I just go a visual of someone out chacing the pig. OMGosh, I can only imagine!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! While we don't have pigs, we are doing our share of chasing animals these days, and I'm starting the 4-H Mom attitude of "you need to get these project books filled in because the fair is going to be here before we know it!"
LOl, sounds so funny get any good shots!!!
This story reminds me of a St. Bernard when we had when I was young. We had to keep him penned up because our neighbour complained when he went to visit their cows (he never bothered the cows - he just had this strange fascination with them and liked being with them). He must have gotten out of that pen 10 times before we finally had everything secured enough to keep him in.
LMAO Rene'! We have the same problem with our goats getting out. The grass is always greener on the other side! LOL!
Post a Comment