Me and my sister used to go to my Grandmas for about a week in the summer and have such a great time with her going shopping, spending time outside in the yard drinking tea and lemonade-just laughing and being crazy..Grandma was so much fun. I remember driving to the store in her little Pinto car and helping her put clothes fresh and clean right out of the wash on the clothes line(there is something about the smell of clothes that are dried on the line) mmmm
We would slip into bed each night in the BEST smelling clean sheets ever-I can still smell them like it was yesterday. Grandma would clean her face every night with Noxema face wash and that smelled pretty great too! :-) Our brother wouldn't go with us cause he was too young.
Being a Mom now I'd have to say that our vacations that we have been on are some of the best memories ever-we have been to some great places and seen lots of neat things...MT. Rushmore, Jackson Hole and Grand Tetons, Oregon Coast(this was the prettiest place we have visited I think) running on the beach in the rain with the kids-my husband thought I was crazy..lol
4th of July has always been my favorite Holiday and every year we go to a local fireworks show that is so awesome-especially the finale. The people that host it give every kid that shows up their very own bucket of fireworks: sparklers, poppers, glasses, candy and more that kids love.
I have some great photos of the kids having fun with their sparklers and waiting for the big show to start. Something about small town life and the "little" things you get to do make great memories.
Our county fair is another fav. memory of Summer, our kids love taking their animals and being with family and friends and learning all about 4-H-it is a great time!
Finally..the Best ever Summer memory I have to this day and always will be is the day our son was born-Yep he is a Summer baby and now going on 9. The day was so sweet bringing him home to his new crib/bassinet that my sister in law loaned to me-Mom and Dad came to visit and stay for a couple days and the whole experience will always be in my mind and my heart. Where do the years go?? Awww, sweet memories!!
5 comments:
yeah, you definitely have some great memories!
Sounds like you had some great times.
Sounds like fun times to me! Love the part about your son!
These are some great summer memories! I have similar memories spending a week at my grandparent's camp...I just wish I could turn back time!
OOh those are fantastic memories!
Post a Comment